REFLECTION ON THE MODULE

Lessons learned from engaging in the module
My knowledge, specifically on research method, improved after studying the module.  I actually did not have any idea on how to prepare a research proposal before but with the help of the module, I now have a better understanding about research proposals.

The module covered many aspects such as information ethics and research information systems. Furthermore, it developed in us skills such as how we can find out useful resources to support our research, how we specify appropriate paradigm, how we can make research plans, and how we identify suitable methodologies. All these were very helpful and beneficial for us.  Likewise, I found a lot of relevant information from the (1) Handbook of Computer and Information Ethics and Qates and (2) Researching Information Systems and Computing which I find very useful.

In addition, the staffs were fantastic and very accommodating especially Jehad.  They always support and help us through all the difficulties we have encountered. I would like to thank them for everything.

Critical evaluation of won contribution to the discussion (online and face to face)

I studied this module online. I had to login to the Discussion Board everyday for about 40 minutes and read some chapters which are available in Learning Materials.  After carefully studying and analyzing the materials available, I have to ask the author some questions which are related to the text,  background assumptions, practical and professional implications, social and ethical consequences , or research implications.

I put on the weekly readings many contributions all of them were related to the module. Aside from that, we also have activities on Online Delivery which contain discussion about ethical case studies and the nature of research. I enjoyed reading the case studies because they focus on ethical issues in many organizations.  I have written some comments to identify the stakeholders, ethical issues, my point of view, and a brief debate.

Of all the materials, I find Chapter 19 and 20 of Qates (2005) very interesting. It describes the Philosophical Paradigms to justify my choice of research paradigm for my research. Lastly, the module required us to specify on the Discussion Board the following project title, project paradigms, project bibliography, and project methodologies for our project proposal. I have posted all of them and I have received some comments from other students. Likewise, I have also written some comments for other students work.  

Conclusion
To sum up, this module has given us full understanding of ethical issues and professional issues with an overview of research approaches and methodologies. Definitely, this module has increased our knowledge through the contributions and reading materials which provided important information related to Research, Ethical, and Professionalism in Computing. I mentioned in the reflective piece all the advantages, my evaluation of this module, and the reflection in the project proposal. However, I think the following needs attention

1. We didnt receive feedback about our contributions.
2. We dont know exactly how many contributions we have done on the   Discussion Board.
3. The quality of checking the chapters was very poor.  I hope to find a useful method to solve this problem in the future.
4. You didnt give us previous examples for project proposal to help us in preparing this project.
5. From my point of view, there is no need for a face to face class.  You can just increase the Online classroom from once to preferably three times each week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment